This 25-Minute Vegetable Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry is so simple (and quick) yet so flavorful. How can you go wrong with ramen noodles and vegetables stir fried in a sweet-savory sauce? A top choice after a busy day!
Adulting is hard enough – we don’t need to slave over the kitchen stove for hours after a long day at work. We barely have enough time to catch up with our loved ones, play with the dog, and complete house chores. Sometimes, we just need something flavorful, substantial, and quick.
This recipe for Vegetable Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry is the answer to our prayers – it really does take only 25 minutes to make and it has so much flexibility when it comes to the ingredients. If you don’t have ramen noodles, you can substitute any kind of noodle or pasta. You can use any vegetables that you have stocked up in your fridge. Want to add protein? Throw in leftover chicken, beef, tofu or whatever you desire.
This recipe has become my best friend during my busiest weeks! Personally, I like mine served with marinated soft-boiled eggs and extra hot chili oil.
- 4 packs of ramen noodles (seasonings/flavorings discarded)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 celery, sliced thinly
- 1 cup snow peas, ends trimmed
- ½ cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil (or regular sesame oil)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ). In a mixing bowl, whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ground ginger, sesame oil, and black pepper. Add cornstarch and whisk well, getting rid of the lumps. Set aside.
- ). Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ramen noodles and cook for about 2½ minutes. Drain and rinse a little with cold water. Toss the noodles with 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil to keep the noodles from sticking. Set aside.
- ). Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add snow peas, carrots, and celery and cook for 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook until it starts to wilt—about 2 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- ). Place the sauté pan back on medium-high heat. Add sauce mixture and simmer until it starts to thicken a little. Return the ramen noodles and vegetables to the pan. Toss all together until covered in sauce.
- ). Serve immediately. Garnish with desired toppings, such as soft-boiled eggs, scallions, sesame seeds, etc.