This Easy Flatbread Pizza is one of those recipes that I will forever make over and over again. See, I don’t always like to cook and spend hours in the kitchen. Sometimes, it’s too much work and I would just rather relax and do absolutely nothing.
I started to make these flatbread pizzas when Tom and I first started dating. He had made them a lot during his college days. Since then, I’ve updated the recipe using my favorite ingredients. It’s all about the ingredients, ya’ll.
I used packaged naan for this recipe. What is naan you ask? Naan is a traditional Indian flatbread. I love a thin, chewy, and crusty pizza, and naan delivers exactly that. Oh, and they have flavors! The garlic-flavored naan obviously won me over. For the red sauce, I used a leftover marinara sauce that I had saved.
Now for one of the most important components of a pizza: the cheese. We always use a blend of whole milk mozzarella and provolone in my household because it makes the best pizza! You’re probably thinking: gee, this recipe went from easy to complicated. It’s really not that complicated – just buy a package of shredded whole milk mozzarella and a package of shredded provolone, blend together, and voila! It’s so worth it. I then used thinly sliced pepperoni from the deli and torn, fresh basil leaves.
These pizzas are so easy to make, it almost doesn’t require a recipe – your intuition is all you really need. Pepperoni just happens to be one of our favorite toppings, but you can improvise with the ingredients and use your own favorites.
The hardest part about these pizzas is that you can’t eat just one, so then you end up making a bunch of pizzas for you and your significant other, which then results in promising each other that you’ll both start eating healthier tomorrow. Anything for pizza.
- 2 packages tandoori naan (2 naans in each package)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 8 oz. package of shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 8 oz. package of shredded provolone cheese
- 12 large slices of pepperoni, sliced thinly
- fresh basil leaves
- red chili flakes, optional
- ). Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the naans directly on the lower rack of the oven and bake for 4 minutes, until the bottom starts to turn crispy. While naans are in the oven, blend the mozzarella and provolone cheeses together in a mixing bowl.
- ). Carefully take the naans out of the oven. Top each naan with ¼ cup of sauce, ⅓ cup of the blended cheeses, and 3 slices of pepperoni. Place the naans back in the oven and heat for 5-6 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- ). Remove the naan pizzas from the oven. Tear the fresh basil leaves over the pizzas and sprinkle with chili flakes, if desired. Slice each naan pizza into four slices and serve immediately.